Original Medicare is a fee-for-service health insurance program managed by the US Federal Government for:
- People who are 65 years and older.
- People under age 65 who have certain disabilities.
- People of any age who have ESRD (End-Stage Renal Disease).
There are 4 different parts of Medicare that help cover specific services:
- Part A (Hospital Insurance)
- Part B (Medical Insurance)
- Part C (Medicare Advantage Plans)
- Part D (Prescription Drug Coverage)
Medicare Supplement plans help pay for health care costs not covered by Original Medicare